Asian University for Women
|Position:Head of Human Resources
- Unit: Human Resources
- Reports to: University Registrar & COO
- Direct Reports: As per office structure
- Position Outline: The Head of HR is responsible for the management and administration of the Human Resources Office. The Office is responsible for supporting employment, contract management, performance management, Employee Complaints and Grievances, and organizational Learning & Development. Applications are particularly welcome from female candidates who are under-represented in the department at the moment
- HR policies, processes and procedures:
- Regular monitoring and review and improvement to the effectiveness of HR processes, policies and procedures.
- Ensure HR policies and procedures are compliant with the law and with good HR practice.
- Ensure effective support for all aspects of the recruitment process.
- Assist managers to assess staffing needs and create staffing levels plans.
- Review compensation and benefits according to periodical local/foreign market survey.
- Employment Contract Management:
- Issue all official employment contracts.
- Establish and maintain personnel records.
- Provide information to managers on the status of contracts.
- Create reports and other statistical information regarding the University workforce.
- Monitor staff absence and leave.
- Performance Management:
- Co-ordinate and monitor the performance management system.
- Support line managers regarding all aspects of performance management.
- Create and maintain a calendar regarding performance management deliverables and deadlines and distribute to staff.
- Support managers with the handling of poor performance issues.
- Staffing, Induction and Exit Processes:
- Support managers with the staff induction process for new staff.
- Maintain records and provide management information reports.
- Support for the processes for resolution of employee complaints and grievances.
- Manage the exit process for staff leaving the university.
- Organizational Learning & Development:
- Support the Registrar and the Dean of Faculty with the development and implementation of an AUW Learning & Development plan using needs analysis techniques through consultation with all activity streams and departments.
- Manage delivery of the Learning & Development plan, training programs and professional development events.
- Co-ordinate the performance management and appraisal process.
- To work collaboratively with staff across the University.
- To ensure confidentiality and security in the handling of information and data.
- To carry out other duties commensurate with the post as determined by the line manager.
|Qualification:Master's Degree in Business or Human Resources Management, or a related field, preferred.
- Substantial experience of progressively more responsible positions in human resources, preferably in a multicultural and multinational environment; experience of working in an University would be an advantage.
- Experience supervising and managing a team of professional staff.
- Effective communicator in writing, presentations and in interpersonal communication.
- Highly developed, demonstrated teamwork skills
- Demonstrated ability to increase productivity and continuously improve methods, approaches, and departmental contribution while remaining cost-sensitive.
- Expert in employment law to keep the university protected at all times.
- Experience working in a flexible, employee empowering work environment.
- Experience in organization development and change management.
|How to Apply: